This is something that caught my eye over at Wizards;
As you know, we'll be releasing a premium collection of the AD&D A-series adventures (Against the Slave Lords) but don’t want to go at it alone. We know D&D adventures are unique to the individuals playing them and can become that much more of a visceral play experience when they’re accompanied by compelling illustrations. That’s where you come in.
Using the AD&D A-series adventures (A1 – Slave Pits of the Undercity, A2 – Secret of the Slavers Stockade, A3 - Assault on the Aerie of the Slave Lords, A4 - In the Dungeons of the Slave Lords,) as your inspiration, we are asking you to:
- Create an homage to an existing piece of art from the cover or interior of the original A-series adventures. Take the same content and give your own take on the image;
- OR pick any character, villain, monster or place described in any of the A-series adventures and give your take on them.
- Adherence to these guidelines (50%)
- Originality (25%)
- Creativity (25%)
- Sure, style is important, but creative, evocative expressions are also important to us, whether that means photorealistic artwork, old school line-art, or even clever cartoons.
- Most importantly, have fun.
All artwork must be created as a B&W image. You can use any medium or software, but the submitted image must be a jpg saved at the highest quality possible, at least 4” on its shortest side, and no larger than 17” on its longest side.
Judging will be done by our illusive panel of judges:
- Jon Schindehette, Senior Creative Director
- Chris Perkins, D&D Senior Producer
- Mike Mearls, Senior Manager, D&D R&D
- Chris Lindsay, Associate Brand Manager
- And you!
Winning entries will be published in Against the Slave Lords, releasing in June 2013.
We’re not just looking for art from professional artists. We’re looking for anything that meets the guidelines. No skills at drawing? That’s okay. Just make it original, creative and fun.
How to EnterTo enter the A-Series Art Contest, simply head over to our official Facebook page!
See official rules for more details.