Wednesday, July 27, 2016

B2 - Caves of Chaos - My Spin

In my continuation of B2 posts and since I'm overly fond of maps I give you the following. Inspired by the colored Caves of Chaos map from Telecanter and the "Caves of Chaos is a One-Page Dungeon" map by Zach S. as well as this guys annotated version, I've modified and made my own mash-up version of all of the above.  Why did I do this, because the sum of the parts make up a greater whole, I felt. With labels showing what areas belong to which tribe, which guards/monsters are in what rooms, and what directions they will take upon being alerted as well as what surprises the party's likely to encounter upon a second visit to the same cave. For me this map represented 90% of what I needed to run this module in a concise manner.

Here is a DM non-colorized version with no trees shown for those who might want to make their own notations and scribbles or what-not.






And here is a player's version of the map with no room numbers or secret doors/passages shown. Also, sans trees.


Just borrowing the best parts from here and there to make my job of DMing easier and thereby (hopefully) more enjoyable for the players.
If for some reason someone wants any of these files in an even larger/more detailed format just PM me. I just uploaded a somewhat conservative file size to avoid hogging anyone's bandwidth.

7 comments:

  1. Hey there, I would love to grab those bigger file sizes you mentioned. I'm running this for a group next week and I think these would be really helpful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  2. On the player's map you have a section that can't be reached. The $ entrance is removed...don't you think the rooms should be also...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, you're right. Seems the wrong version got uplaoded. Thanks.

      Delete
  3. Is it still possible to get hi-res copies of these? I love what you’ve done here. :D

    ReplyDelete