Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Hex Mapping and Scale

 The Hydra's Grotto In Praise of the 6 Mile Hex caught my attention today.

Aside from this pretty graphic he made a very reasonable argument for its use. He's not the only one expounding on the merits of wilderness hexes. A while back Chgowiz was talking about wilderness hexes(sorry that link is now dead). As well as Bat in the Attic who's been playing with hexes too here and here(and Chgowiz got Stirgessuck thinking a bit).

I used to be a big fan of the 5 mile hex as published by Judges Guild. Since I'm using Darlene's Greyhawk map and  that scale is 10 leagues (or 30 miles) per hex. Up 'till now the 5 mile hex has worked out very well, but then again so does 6 mile hexes. Sooo, after reviewing all of that info I might just be revisiting the smaller blow up hexes that I've been using and see about rescaling them from 5 miles to 6 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment