Sunday, July 31, 2011

ToEE redux

A look at the blog-o-sphere these days and everybody is touting all about the good old days. I mean you can't swing a cat without hitting a blog about someone re/running the Temple of Elemental Evil in [insert your favorite OSR game system here]. Sheesh. I mean don't get me wrong I enjoyed playing/DMing them 20+ years ago, but half the people writing about it weren't even born when the original module (T1 Village of Hommlet) came out. So why is it annoying me then? In a way I guess its jealousy because I can't experience it fresh like a lot of new people are doing.

So what am I doing to remedy that? I'm running a Temple of Elemental Evil campaign using AD&D 1st edition rules for a bunch of younger players who never had the pleasure of going through it the first time around. No, the irony is not lost on me here.

No comments:

Post a Comment